Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Word of the week: scurry

scur·ry
ˈskərē/
verb

  1. 1.
    (of a person or small animal) move hurriedly with short quick steps.
    "pedestrians scurried for cover"
    synonyms:hurryhastenrunrushdashMore





noun

  1. 1.
    a situation of hurried and confused movement.
    "I was in such a scurry"
    synonyms:rushracedashrunhurryMore
    Please comment below with your sentence using the word of the week. Please remember to use your best writing mechanics. Capitals and punctuation are a must!


    Please comment below with a sentence that uses the word of the week properly!

    Don't forget to sign your name.
    

10 comments:

  1. The turtle scurried down the road. zuri

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sister and me scurried into the kitchen for a snack


    alex


    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was scurrying during the fire


    Eriana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I scurried home when my mom told me to clean up the house and my room and put up my stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. I scurried to the car so we could go ahead to the mall.

    Aiyanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today when my Dad was driving the road to school we say a deer scurry straight at the road Holy Nwabeke

    ReplyDelete